TeenSupport4You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When do I know I am ready for sex?

Go down

When do I know I am ready for sex? Empty When do I know I am ready for sex?

Post by ForumAdmin Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Am I ready for sex?

What does it mean to be ready?

Being ready is being sure you understand what sex means and what the consequences can be, so you don’t have problems or regret it afterwards. Remember, it’s against the law to have sex if you’re under the age of consent (16 in the UK).

How will I know when I’m ready?
You’ll only really know when it’s totally your own decision. So don’t let anything your friends say or do or pressure from your boyfriend influence you. You’ll be confident you’ve got a good understanding of what sex is all about and how it’ll change your relationship. You’ll also know about contraception and safe sex. You’ll have a realistic attitude and you won’t be expecting it to be like in the movies. If you’re not sure, then you probably aren’t ready.

Am I Ready For Sex?
What if I decide I am ready?
Talk it through with your boyfriend and make sure he’s definitely ready too.

Discuss contraception and when and where you’re going to do it.

If you have second thoughts at any point, stop. Just because you’ve had sex once doesn’t mean you have to keep on having it.

What if I don’t think I'm ready?

Then don’t do it. You have the right to say no and you shouldn’t feel guilty about your decision. Remember, sex under 16 is totally illegal anyway and you should never feel pressured.

Think about what your limits are. Are you fine with kissing? Touching? Make sure your boyfriend knows and respects these limits.
ForumAdmin
ForumAdmin
Crazy as a donkey!
Crazy as a donkey!

https://teensupport4you.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum