TeenSupport4You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self Harm And Poll

3 posters

Go down

Do you self harm? Or do you know someone who self harms?

Self Harm And Poll Vote_lcap50%Self Harm And Poll Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Self Harm And Poll Vote_lcap33%Self Harm And Poll Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Self Harm And Poll Vote_lcap17%Self Harm And Poll Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Self Harm And Poll Vote_lcap0%Self Harm And Poll Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6
Back

Self Harm And Poll Empty Self Harm And Poll

Post by Beth@admin Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:41 am

People self harm to express very deep thoughts that are too hard to talk about, or they may feel that no one will understand them anyway, so they self harm as a way to express those feelings.

Ways of self harm are:
*Cutting, scratching, burning, hitting themselves against objects, taking a drug overdose, or swallowing or putting other things inside themselves. It may also take less obvious forms, including taking stupid risks, staying in an abusive relationship, developing an eating problem, such as anorexia or bulimia, being addicted to alcohol or drugs, or simply not looking after their own emotional or physical needs.
Some people don't think there are actually that many ways of self harm, and neither did i until i did research, but some people don't class some of these as self harm they think of them as attempted suicide, but research shows they are ways of self harm.

There are lots of reasons why people self harm:
*Some say that they have been feeling desperate about a problem and don't know where to turn for help. They feel trapped and helpless. Self-injury helps them to feel more in control.
*Some people talk of feelings of anger or tension that get bottled up inside, until they feel like exploding. Self-injury helps to relieve the tension that they feel.
*Feelings of guilt or shame may also become unbearable. Self-harm is way of punishing themselves.
*Some people try to cope with very upsetting experiences, such as trauma or abuse, by convincing themselves that the upsetting event/events never happened. These people sometimes suffer from feelings of 'numbness' or 'deadness'. They say that they feel detached from the world and their bodies, and that self-injury is a way of feeling more connected and alive.
*A proportion of young people who self-harm do so because they feel so upset and overwhelmed by difficulties that they wish to end their lives by committing suicide. Often, the decision to attempt suicide is made quickly without thinking. At the time, many people just want their problems to disappear, and have no idea how to get help. They feel as if the only way out is to kill themselves.

If you self harm please understand that we are here to support you! We are here to help you through this, and support you all the way. Take things one step at a time!
You can beat this!
Love Beth I love you
x x
Beth@admin
Beth@admin
I am too cool for school!
I am too cool for school!

Back to top Go down

Self Harm And Poll Empty Re: Self Harm And Poll

Post by Katy@buddy Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:09 am

I used to self harm but have stopped now, i found other things to do instead of hurting myself. Instead of cutting yourself you can get a red pen and just draw on your arms like you would cut yourself, or get some ice and put it on your arms. This is what i got told to do Smile

Katy@buddy
I just ♥ posting!
I just ♥ posting!

Back to top Go down

Post by beneaththedarkness Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:31 am

i dont self harm myself but i know someone who does, i did used to self harm but i realised how much it would affect my everyday life, i would have to always cover the parts of my body i harmed and that would be hard because of me playing sports all the time!

beneaththedarkness
Welcome Me, I'm New!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum